PARENTS COOPERATION IS SOLICITED IN MAINTAINING THE SANCTITY AND SECURITY OF THE SCHOOL
REGISTRATION and ADMISSION(NOT APPLICABLE FOR STUDENTS OF EWS ADMITTED UNDER RTE)
The ‘Fee Structure’ and ‘Registration Form’ for the year shall be given to prospective Parents, on demand, for which the charges shall be Rs. 200. ‘Prospectus & School Rules’ are available for view on the school’s website www.chinarschool.in..
REGISTRATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE ADMISSION
- If Parents agree to FULLY abide by the ‘Prospectus & School Rules’, along with the given ‘Fee Structure’ for the academic year, then only their ward shall be considered eligible to be considered for admission.
- Once the child is granted Admission to the School, it is requested that the Parents must be doubly vigilant to abide by the Rules & Regulations of the School / Payment of Fees on time w.r.t. the Fee Structure – as it is now or as may be amended from time to time / year to year.
- Parents are requested once again to follow the Prospectus & School Rules / Fee Structure, in letter and spirit.
- Nursery – 3 years +
- Prep 1 – 3.5 years +
- Prep 2 – 4 years+
- Class 1 – 5 years +
- For admission to Classes 2 – 9 a student must be 4 years + class on 01 April.
|Cl.Nur – 1||08:00 – 12:30||09:00 – 13:30|
|Cl. 2 – 12||07:00 – 13:30||08:00 – 14:30|
Some children may be required to come to the School a little earlier and / or go home a little later.(In case, they are required for extra classes/sports training).
As per School Calendar.
LATE COMING AND EARLY DEPARTURE
- Students arriving after Assembly shall not be allowed inside the School without written request of the Parent. Parents who drop their ward outside the School Gate and rush away shall be solely responsible for their ward’s security.
- Also, students are not permitted to go early. They may only do so if one of the Parents comes to the School to personally take charge of their ward.
- Students shall not be handed over to drivers/servants/relatives.
FEES– (NOT APPLICABLE FOR STUDENTS OF EWS ADMITTED UNDER RTE)
- ANNUAL FEES are to be paid in four installments – due in the months of Apr,Jul, Oct, Jan.
- Details of Fees and Fee Payment Procedure are shown in Annexure ‘CHINAR – FEES’
- Fees must be deposited in the designated Bank upto the 15th of the month in which due. Fees paid after the 15th shall invite a late fee as per schedule.
NO REMINDER FOR FEES SHALL BE SENT
- Children shall not be allowed to attend class if fees are not paid till the end of quarter in which due. After end of the quarter, child shall only be allowed to attend School after re-admission procedure is completed.
- Fees/Charges once paid will not be refundable. (except Security Deposit)
- Security Deposit shall be refunded and Leaving Certificate issued only when all dues to the School are paid in full.
- Security Deposit shall be forfeited if not collected within two months of the pupil’s leaving the School / Pupil’s name being struck off the School Rolls by the School.
- Fees/ Charges / Deposit are subject to revision from time to time. Parents may expect a Fee hike every year – roughly related to the rise in the cost of living index. Security Deposit may be increased together with the increase in Fees / Charges. Present Parents shall also have to pay the increase as and when applicable.
- Fees/Charges shall be applicable from the first date of Apr / Jul / Oct / Jan unless the child has studied in a Centrally Recognized School earlier and paid the Fees there.
- Candidates seeking admission to Class 11 shall have to pay fees for the full session i.e. fees for April/July/Oct/Jan quarter irrespective of the previous School charging fees for any month or quarter.
- Fees shall be deposited in the designated bank only thru cheque or any other digital mode. The banker as well as the school will not accept any Cash against deposit of fees.
- If Fee cheque is dishonored due to any reason, Bounce charges @ Rs. 200/- per cheque shall be charged and the new cheque, with latest Late Fee charges added, shall be payable at the Bank. The School shall issue a certificate to this effect to the Parent and the Parent shall have to deposit the Fees at the Bank only.
- Parents wishing to withdraw their son / daughter from the School, for any reason, must do so by coming to the School personally and filling up the Form for Withdrawal fully. Merely telling the Principal / Teacher / Clerk casually shall not be accepted as intimation to the School by the Parents. Preparation of Leaving Certificate shall take at least 3 days.
- Fees / Charges due, on the Date of Application / Date the Pupil last attended School / Date on which T.C. is required, whichever is later, shall be applicable.
CAUTION / WARNING:
Parents who do not wish their wards to continue in the next ‘Academic Session’ (w.e.f. 01 April) MUST apply for T.C. well in time – BEFORE 15March – failing which ‘Fees due in April’ shall be chargeable.
Students up to Class 5 do not have to buy text-books. For other classes Text Books may be purchased from anywhere.
SCHOOL CIRCULARS / PROFORMA / CALENDAR
- Circulars sent by the School must be studied carefully, underlining the salient points, important from the particular Parents point of view, filed carefully and acted upon as early as possible.
- Whenever a proforma is sent for some blanks to be filled in and returned to the School, with Parents’ signatures, the same must be done the very next day.
- The School Calendar that is issued to all the students contains a lot of information about Holidays, Activities, Exams, PR Cards, etc. Please go through it regularly.
- The School has made arrangements through various contractors for transportation of students to and from School, if desired by the parent. These buses cover most areas but the SEAT is not guaranteed in the buses. Though utmost care is taken, the School shall not be responsible for any mishap or lost/damaged property on board the buses.
- Children who discontinue the School Bus in April shall not be permitted to join later in that session. No change in route/stop is permitted unless it is due to a permanent change in residence.
- Parents shall not be permitted to opt out of this facility for their child, once it is functional, in the middle of a session, unless there is a change of residence whereby the School Transport may not be needed
- School Bus shall be provided on (a) first come first served basis. (b) for those on regular routes only. As far as possible, every effort shall be made to pick up and drop Nur to Class 1 children at the door steps but older children shall be required to reach the scheduled stop at least 5 minutes before scheduled departure of the bus. Also the children (morning) and Designated Guardian (afternoon) should be outside the main gate/ at the stop when the bus arrives. Drivers shall not blow the horn nor shall they wait for more than 15 seconds.
- Students living in Khairthal, Kishangarh,Rajgarh and Ramgarh are not allowed to change their routes unless the parents are shifting residence to Alwar.
Children must not be taught by Parents / Tutors etc. or join any coaching class (except for IIT/MEDICAL, etc.). Tuition is a walking stick. The more you use it the more you depend on it – for balance. If you do not use it you learn to balance yourself. Make your child self – dependent, not handicapped.
- Home Work set must be done by the pupil, unaided by any tutor. H.W. is set on topics familiar to the children – unknown world is explored and exposed to them at the School by Teachers. Parents help, especially in case of younger children (Classes 2-5) is solicited only with respect to making the child sit down at the table and do the H.W. on his own, neatly and correctly.
- Parents may help / guide the child and help him / her out of certain difficulties at times. Spoon feeding and rote practice must be avoided totally.
- Classes from 2 onwards are given graded home-work as a revision of work done at School.
- HW / TEST EX. BOOKS MUST BE SIGNED BY BOTH PARENTS REGULARLY
- School Uniform is an identifying outfit worn by members of an organization. All students of a School wear School Uniform that has the same design, color pattern and cloth.
- In order to avoid monopoly & in the interest of the parents the school has left the choice with the parents to purchase the uniform from wherever they please.
- The school has not authorized any shopkeeper in the market & if any shopkeeper is claiming that then he is misrepresenting the facts.
- In case of any doubt about color, cloth or logo parents are welcome to check the sample uniform available with the school.
- School Jerseys, Jackets and all other articles should carry the name of the student.
- Responsibility of making sure that children do not wear wrong, untidy, shoddy clothes, shoes and socks and maintain personal hygiene and cleanliness lies with the Parents and not with the School.
- Children with wrong cloth/design – dirty/untidy/un-pressed/shoddy/torn (cloth/button) uniform – shall not be allowed to enter the classroom.
- Particular attention must be given to shoes. NO VELCRO STRAPS for students class 2 onwards. Shoes should be absolutely clean – washed / polished – not torn from anywhere – sole straight and not worn out / inclined. Children should not be wearing hard sole leather shoes.
- Socks should be long, clean and tight – not hanging down.
- Children must wear a fresh set of uniform / socks everyday washed and ironed nicely. Shoes too need polishing/washing/cleaning everyday – so also laces.
- Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri Grey Uniform + black sports shoes
- Wed, Sat White Uniform + black sports shoes
Summer Uniform –Feb 15 to Oct 30
Winter Uniform –Nov 01 to Feb 14
- Mon,Tue,Thu,Fri Grey unifrom + black sports shoes Wed, Sat White uniform + White sports shoes
- Summer Uniform- Feb 15 to Nov 30 , Winter uniform – Dec 01 to Feb 14
|Shorts, T-shirt/shirt, socks as per specification||Pants, jackets, caps of any colour may be worn||Tunic, T-shirt/shirt, socks as per specification||Pants, jackets, caps of black colour may be worn|
|Shorts, T-shirt/shirt, socks, belt as per specification||Pants, (woollen grey & white). School jackets may also be worn along with school jersey||Divided skirt, T-shirt/shirt, socks as per specification||Pants or divided skirts (woollen grey & white). School jackets may also be worn along with school jersey|
|Cl. 11,12||Pants, T-shirt/shirt, socks as per specification||Pants, (Woollen grey & White) T-shirt/shirt, jersey, jacket, socks as per specification||Divided skirt, T-shirt/shirt, socks as per specification||Pants or divided skirts (woollen grey & white). School jackets may also be worn along with school jersey|
PROGRESS REVIEW – PR CARD
PR Card is given as per schedule given in the School Calendar. Parents are requested to review the PR Cards, sign it and return it with the child the very next day. Parents are also requested to see the Principal / Director concerned, by appointment, if the child is getting ‘D’/’E’ anywhere in the PR Card or if, the parents are not satisfied with the performance of their ward.
Assessment Schedule & Method
Upto Class 5 – Formative Assessment only
Class 6 – Formative Assessment (70%) & Summative Assessment (30%)
Class 7 – Formative Assessment (60%) & Summative Assessment (40%)
Class 8 – Formative Assessment (50%) & Summative Assessment (50%)
Classes 9 to 12 – As per C.B.S.E. guidelines
- Parents must inform the School by Telephone in case the child has to abstain from the School for any reason.
- The leave performa, in the diary, must be filled in and signed by the parents, after the absence even for a day.
- A Medical Certificate must accompany more than 2 days sick leave.
- Pupils suffering from any infectious/contagious disease must complete the quarantine period before joining the School. Long leave for a child must be applied for in writing & got sanctioned from the Principal.
- The name of a child, absent from the School for a period of 6 continuous days, without prior sanction from the Principal, may be struck off the School Rolls.
- Absence of a child during the few days before / after BREAKS and before / during TESTS shall be viewed seriously.
Children from Class 8 onwards are liable to be held for detention for one hour after the School hours for gross misbehavior or gross negligence / slackness at studies. In such cases Parents shall be informed a day in advance through Diary and they shall have to make their own arrangements for transport back home at the end of the Detention period.
GROSS MISBEHAVIOUR / SUSPENSION
Parents must see the Principal immediately after the child is reported for gross misbehavior (foul language, beating / hitting / pushing / tripping / bullying another child, throwing stones, serious damage to School property; utter disregard / disrespect of Staff / School rules and system etc.). A child may be suspended from the School for such offences. A child shall be considered dismissed on the third such report of the child by the Principal after having personally warned the Parents twice on earlier occasions.
- Students who have birthdays are allowed to bring 2 toffees/ 1 small chocolate only to be given per person. No other gifts are allowed. No chewing/bubble gum should be distributed. The toffee should be of a dependable brand so that there is no chance of toxins being ingested.
- Birthday celebration should take place in the class immediately after Assembly .
The Principal / Incharges have the authority to inflict such punishment as may be deemed necessary.
A pupil leaving the School premises during the School hours, without valid permission, is liable to be expelled.
SCHOOL PROPERTY & LITTERING
- Children shall not dirty, damage or take out of the campus any of the School Property. A child may be fined, fined heavily and / or suspended from the School. Throw aluminum foils and paper napkins in the class garbage bin before going out for recess.In case of serious damage, the child may even be dismissed from the School.
- Just a chalk / pencil mark on a door / furniture / wall shall invite heavy fine / suspension – even dismissal, if done repeatedly.
School authorities reserve to themselves the right to ask the Parents to withdraw a child, who, in their opinion, is not amenable to correction or whose actions can pose a danger to other students.
Though the School takes utmost care, yet it will not hold itself responsible for any injury to the child, or any mishap, during the child’s journey to the School and back and during the child’s stay in the School.
Chinar is totally against junk food. Students are banned from bringing or eating junk food or any kind of packaged food like chips, wafers, kurkure, namkeen, toffees, chocolates, chewing gum in the School or in the buses.
NAME ON ARTICLES
All articles brought/worn by the pupil to the School MUST bear his / her name on them (books, bag, handkerchief, tiffin box, jersey, musical instruments, swimming and other sports material, socks and shoes. This helps in identification if any item is misplaced.
VISIT TO SCHOOL
- Parents may see the PRINCIPAL/ DIRECTOR, only if urgent, on any working day by appointment only. PARENTS SHALL NOT COME TO THE SCHOOL AT ANY OTHER TIME.
- Parents shall also not visit the residence of or telephone a Teacher or Principal or Director for petty reasons/information.
BRINGING ARTICLES TO SCHOOL
- Students should not bring extra things to School.
- Any student found with Mobile Phones, CDs., USB sticks, MP3 players, Sunglasses, Cameras, etc. shall have the article confiscated on a non-returnable basis. This also applies to when a student goes on excursions or with the School Teams.
Parents sometimes send their wards to School even if they are not well. The School has a full-time nurse and a sick-room to cater to emergency cases only. Parents have to come to School to pick-up their ward if he/she is sick. In case of emergencies, the School arranges to transport the student to the nearest Hospital for immediate treatment. The parents have to come to the Hospital to take charge of their ward.
Parents are requested to fill up the blanks on the top cover of the diary -with a change of address / tel. no. when so warranted. BOTH PARENTS must sign on the top cover. Also, please follow the instructions therein.
Swimming season is from April 01 to September 30. Girls and boys swim on separate days. All swimmers have to follow the rules laid down:
- Regular swimmers should also wear goggles and cap.
- Non-swimmers should not go near the pool.
- Swimmers should always take a shower before entering the pool.
- Do not dive headfirst into the pool.
- Do not enter the pool if you have rashes or sores or any other medical problems.
- Get out of the water as soon as you feel tired or cold.
- Do not attempt a long swim underwater.
- In case of any emergency please contact the lifeguard.
- Swimmers should wear proper nylon / lycra swimming trunks / costumes.
- Swimming in undergarments is not permitted.
The School has a very vigorous training regime for Art and Music. Parents have to ensure that students have a musical instrument and all art material before they leave for School.
E-MAIL, WEBSITE, FACEBOOK& SMS
The School regularly updates important information on its website and/or Facebook page. School also sends SMS to update parents. Please ensure that the School is immediately intimated of any change in your mobile no. Information is available at www.chinarschool.in