GUIDELINES FOR PARENTS
THE SCHOOL HAS BEEN FOLLOWING THE SYSTEM OF CONTINUOUS AND COMPREHENSIVE EVALUATION SINCE ITS INCEPTION. PARENTS ARE ADVISED TO NOTE THE DIFFERENCES THAT THEY SHALL ENCOUNTER IN CHINAR W.R.T OTHER SCHOOLS THAT FOLLOW THE ROTE LEARNING PATTERN
- We do not discriminate between students on the basis of their caste, creed, religion, socio-economic background, intellectual and physical ability, etc. We also believe that the school’s role is to provide exposure to a wide variety of activities. Keeping this in mind, we have regular sports, music, art, craft, dance, etc. activities and ensure that every student participates.
- Home Work is given in a graded manner. We do not believe in burdening the child with HW that is of no use in the development of the child.
- Books for primary section are kept in the school only. We have created ample space in the class-rooms to store books and stationery of all the students. This decreases the burden of the bag also. Please do not expect students to bring books and copies home every day. Students bring only that subject’s book home, once in a while, for which HW has been assigned.
- Sports are a compulsory activity every day for all students. The School has a system of physical training processes that aim to make each child physically fit and alert. This involves rigorous training in the Gymnasium, Fields and Swimming Pool.
- As per the process of CCE, the system of assessment is also different. We do not have announced assessments at all up to class V. From class VI onwards, remodelled assessment structure is followed as per CBSE guidelines.
- We do not encourage memorization based activities. We believe in having scientifically proven methods where the child learns without memorization. Therefore, we do not want that the parents should make the child memorize things at home. Please do not be on the look-out for memorization based assignments for your child.
- The school uses English as the medium of instruction. Students who join in later classes may face the problem of lack of understanding of the material taught due to the language. Parents are requested to be patient and cooperate with the school in helping children overcome this problem.
- Junk food is prohibited and parents are expected to make arrangements to provide nourishing tiffin to their wards.
FOR SAFETY AND SECURITY REASONS, ONLY STUDENTS WHO ARE STAYING WITH THEIR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS ARE ALLOWED TO ATTEND SCHOOL. STUDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LIVE IN HOSTELS/HOTELS/PAYING GUEST ACCOMODATION, ETC.